Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation

Tom and I went to the Outer Banks from July 4th - July 11th with 4 other couples and we had a great time. Well, other than that fact that I got burnt on the third day to the point that I was sick for the rest of our vacation. I even had SPF 55 on and was only on the beach from noon-2PM; went back to the house and ate lunch and put MORE sunscreen on and then went back to the beach from 2:30-4. Well somehow, I ended up more burnt than I have ever been and was in bed for the next 2 days. I was in pain and sick to my stomach until the vacation was over. When we got home, I still didn't feel right and went to the doctor. They told me that I had severe second degree burns and sent me to the ER right away because they thought my leg was infected and had to be drained (gulp). Anyway, it was a great vacation and we can't wait to go back (although I will be wearing a hooded sweatshirt and pants to the beach)!






No comments: